Release Notes - February 2020
This is a major update to AnyList that contains a number of highly requested features, including automatically combining similar recipe ingredients into a single item in the shopping list, support for arbitrary list item quantity units, and more.
These features are available on all platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, and AnyList for the Web).
Recipe Ingredient Improvements
- When adding recipe ingredients to a list, similar ingredients are combined into a single item in the shopping list which shows the total quantity needed. The individual ingredients can be viewed on the Item Details screen.
- When adding recipe ingredients to a list, item properties such as the item price, photo, and store assignments will be automatically applied from a matching favorite or recent item.
- When moving a recipe to another date on the meal planning calendar, the date of any ingredients already in the shopping list is also updated.
- When a recipe is scaled, the quantity of any ingredients already in the shopping list is also updated.
List Item Improvements
- A new Item Details screen for quickly viewing and modifying all of an item’s properties.
- The quantity field now supports arbitrary units and a custom keyboard in the iOS and Android apps makes it easy to enter common units including oz, lb, and gallons.
- List items now have a package size field.
- When adding an item to your list from the Favorite Items screen results in an existing list item being uncrossed, the quantity of the uncrossed item is updated to match the quantity of the favorite item.
- Item prices are now included when emailing or printing a list.
- You can now edit recent items and mark recent items as favorites.
Compatibility with Previous App Versions
Older versions of AnyList do not support the new package size field and can only display quantities in pounds, kilograms, or with no unit. This means that an item in the updated app such as Flour (1 cup) or Tomato Sauce (15 oz can), will appear as just Flour or Tomato Sauce in previous versions of the app.
Older versions of the app will also not show the individual recipe ingredient information for list items added from recipe ingredients in the latest version of the app. In addition, recipe ingredients added from older versions of the app will not be combined with similar ingredients in the shopping list, even when viewing the list in the latest version of the app.
Because of this, we recommend making sure you update the app on all of your devices and also making sure anyone you share lists with updates the app on all of their devices as well.